|Yogurt||250 g / 1 cup|
|Lemon juice||1/4 cup|
|Red chili powder||1-2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic paste||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp (whole or crushed)|
|Green chilies||2-3 (finely chopped)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1 tsp (finely chopped)|
|Fine semolina||250 g / 1 cup (full)|
|Eno powder||1 tsp|
- In a bowl mix yogurt, oil, lemon juice and water.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin seeds, garlic paste, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Mix well all the above stated ingredients.
- Add semolina to the batter and mix properly.
- Add Eno powder and mix well.
- Pour the batter in a greased tray and sprinkle some red chili powder.
- Cover tightly and cook on vapor for 20 mins at least.
- In order to check, if the Dhokla is cooked well, insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean, the Dhokla is ready to serve. If the toothpick is still not clean, continue steaming for few more minutes.
- Cut in square/rectangle/diamond shaped pieces.
- Serve with Coconut and Garlic Chutney.