Cook1 hr 30 min
|Carrots (grated)||500 g|
|Thick cream||4 tbsp|
|Condensed milk||8-9 tbsp|
|Concentrated unsweetened milk||200 ml|
|Sugar||200-300 g (according to taste)|
- Mix milk, carrots and cardamom in a pan.
- Cook on medium heat until the milk boils and reduces to 1/3 of its total quantity. Stir continuously and avoid that it burns.
- When the quantity of the milk is reduced to 1/3, add unsweetened milk and cream.
- Let it cook until the mixture gets thick.
- When the liquid is almost evaporated, add sugar, condensed milk, saffron and butter and mix well.
- Let all the liquid evaporate.
- The Gajar ka Halwa is ready to serve. Decorate with chopped/sliced Almonds and Khoya.