Cook1 hr 15 min
|Red chili powder||2-3 tsp|
|Cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|French beans||1 cup|
|Dill||1/2 bunch (chopped)|
|Fenugreek leaves||3-4 bunches (chopped)|
|Spinach||250 gms (chopped)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1/2 cup (chopped)|
|Green chilies||6-8 whole|
Ingredients for the dough
|Millet flour||500 g|
|Red chili powder||1/2-1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|Spinach||1/4 cup (chopped)|
|Green chilies||4 (chopped )|
|Fresh coriander leaves||2 tsp (chopped)|
Method for making Muthiya:
- In a bowl, add millet flour, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, onions, spinach, fresh coriander leaves and green chilies. Mix well.
- Add oil to the mixture.
- Knead the dough with lukewarm water.
- Extract small amount of dough, give them an oval shape with the help of your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add Fenugreek leaves , fry well and add 1/2 glass water.
- Add red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garlic paste and tomatoes. Mix all the ingredients well and cook it for 10 mins on low heat.
- Add french beans, peas, spinach, carrots and potatoes. Then add 4 cups water and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 10 mins.
- Add eggplants, dill and green chilies. Mix them well.
- Now add the oval shaped Muthiya to the mixture. Remember not to stir spoon, only shake your pan slightly. Cover the pan and let it cook for 15-20 mins on low heat.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves, cover the pan again for 5 more mins, then shake the pan once again.
- Muthiya are ready to serve. Don’t forget to serve fresh made Lassi and Papad to enhance the joy! Can also be served with fried fish.
Optional: 300 grams of cubed boneless chicken/boiled beef/boiled mutton can also be added to the mixture in the step no. 4