Ingredients for Pakoras
|Gram flour||250 gms|
|Red chili powder||2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Baking Soda||A pinch|
|Green chilies||2 (chopped)|
|Coriander leaves||2 tbsp (chopped)|
Ingredients for Kadhi
|Gram flour||125 g|
|Green chilies||3 (chopped)|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Garlic||1 tsp (chopped)|
|Fenugreek seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Whole red chillies||3-4|
Method of making Pakoras
- Mix gram flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, baking soda, onions, green chilies and coriander leaves together, gradually add required water to form lump-free batter.
- Heat oil in a pan, pour spoonful of batter in the hot oil to get fluffy Pakoras.
- Place the Pakoras on a tissue so the excess oil is absorbed.
Method of making Kadhi
- In a bowl add yogurt, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, gram flour and green chilies. Mix them well by adding water to the batter or blend all ingredients in a blender with required water.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a pan then fry garlic, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, whole red chilies and curry leaves for a minute.
- Add yogurt batter in the pan and stir continuously.
- Cook on low heat until the Kadhi gets thick.
- Add fried Pakoras to the Kadhi.
- Cover the pan and let it settle for 2-3 minutes.
- Ready to serve with Khicdi and Achar.